Kelly Nicole Tan
Prior to being a Psychotherapist, Kelly has over 20 years of corporate experience in Building and Commercial Real Estate. She started her career as a specialist in external façade before diverting into leasing and asset management in office and retail properties with leading real estate developers, namely, DBS Land, CapitaLand, Ascendas Land Singapore, and Frasers Centrepoint. During her sabbatical from 2003 to 2005, she discovered her interest in the field of counseling and psychotherapy. She pursued a Master's Degree in Social Science (Counselling). With her full-time job on hand, she served as a pro-bono counselor with the counseling ministry at a church and, later, a free-lance counselor. Following her interest in psycho-spirituality, she indulged herself in a Master's degree in Christian Spirituality with Loyola University Chicago.
Kelly journeys with people during the challenging period of their lives and draws their inner wisdom and strength to help them resolve and transcendent their conditions. She works with clients on their marriage, relationship issues, depression, addictions, and anxiety..... She finds it effective to incorporate techniques such as Gestalt, guided meditation, regression, and EFT in her counseling works. Having benefited from meditation, she introduces meditation to clients during the counseling sessions and cultivates mindfulness and awareness in their lives.
Kelly has been trained and conferred with
· Master of Art in Christian Spirituality, Spiritual Direction concentration from Loyola University Chicago in 2022
· Master of Social Science (Counselling) from the University of South Australia in 2009
· Bachelor of Science (Economics), Second Class Honors (Upper Division) from the University of London in 1991
· Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the United Kingdom in 1989.
She is a member of
· Golden Key International Honour Society (2009)
· Association of Psychotherapy and Counselling Singapore (APACS) 2012
· National Guild of Hypnosis (2016)
Kelly completed level 1 & 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy. She is also a certified Prepare & Enrich facilitator for the premarital couple as well as for the married couple.